1. Payment is expected when services are rendered. In order to focus on our patients' needs, customer service and minimizing costs, we do not bill.
2. We accept debit cards, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), Care Credit, checks and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
3. When unexpected illness strikes a pet, unexpected expense strikes as well. Orefield Veterinary Clinic understands this and is able to make some special arrangements through either Wells Fargo Healthy Advantage or the CareCredit program. It takes just 5 minutes to complete an application and will allow you to break down your payment into 6 or 12 monthly installments. You can either apply at our hospital, where we'll call in your application over the phone for immediate approval, or apply yourself online at: www.CareCredit.com.
Highlights of the CareCredit program:
- Low Monthly Payments (3% of the Total Balance)
- Interest Free For 6 Months
- Determine Approval in a Few Minutes
- No Annual Fee
Insurance For Your Pets
Another popular option for your family and pet is insurance coverage. To learn more, please visit the following pet insurance websites . . .
Pets Best reimburses you on your vet bills when your dog or cat gets sick or injured. Pets Best was founded by a veterinarian in 2005 with a mission to save pets. To learn more about pet health insurance or to get a quote for your pet please visit http://www.petsbest.com or call 877-738-7237.
Petplan reimburses you for your unexpected vet bills. You pick your plan. To learn more about pet health insurance or to get a quote for your pet please visit https://www.gopetplan.com/ or call 1-866-467-3875.
Embrace Pet Insurance has accident and illness, but it as have a flex spending to help with routine care. To learn more about the pet health insuarnace or to get a quote for your pet please visit http://www.embracepetinsurance.com/ or call 1-800-511-9172.